Summer Program is back!
We’re happy to announce that Klondike Academy is going on with the show and will be offering our Summer Program for the children of essential workers.
We have strict COVID-19 safety measures in place to ensure the health of our children. Therefore, we may not be taking ALL of the usual field trips and do all of our usual activities we normally have during our summer programs. Worry not, though! We are still going to have loads of fun! This year, we plan to go around the world in just one summer! You can see the details below.
The Klondike Academy summer program will begin on June 1, 2020, and only has a $50 registration fee! In this program, your child will go swimming at The Sportsplex pool nearby, go on field trips, make arts and crafts, learn simple computer coding, take fitness classes, learn leadership skills, and more! Lunch is included, so no need to pack one for your kiddo before sending them on.
This year, you can sign up your child week-to-week or only for half the day if they have any other summer plans. If you are interested in that option for your child, just give us a call!
What You’ll Get
Along with all the fun activities we have set up for this program, children (and parents) can enjoy all the perks Klondike Academy has to offer: extended hours from 6:30 am-6:30 pm, daily lunch and breakfast, pool time, free Parent’s Night Out, and so much more!
10 Week Summer Camp
(Must have graduated Kindergarten)
Starts June 1st
6:30am – 6:30pm
Registration Only $50
$150 per week
Theme of the Week
We will be creating model Native American houses.
We will be building monuments out of stone.
We will learn how to create multipurpose bridges.
We will create models of skyscrapers.
We will learn about irrigation systems and create one.
We will create dome-shaped structures.
We will participate in a survival challenge.
The Ice Age
We will learn about the creation of fire.
We will learn and discuss ways of we can improve the future.
We will create our own continents.
Summer Program FAQ
Who can enroll at this time?
One parent in the household must be an essential service employee. An employee is considered an essential service employee if they are providing essential services as specified by the US Department of Homeland Security or the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
What precautions are in place to keep the kids safe?
Klondike Academy is following the guidelines set forth by Texas HHSC Child Care Licensing to ensure the safety of the children in our care.
- Pick up and drop off of children are outside the operation, right outside the front door. To keep traffic through the building at a minimum, parents are not allowed inside unless there is a legitimate need or emergency.
- All employees and children are screened prior to entering the building. Any person exhibiting the following will be denied entry:
- A temperature of 100.4°F or above;
- Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and low-grade fever;
- In the previous 14 days has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, is under investigation for COVID-19; or is ill with a respiratory illness;
- In the previous 14 days has traveled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained community.
- Cleaning and disinfection efforts are intensified during this time. Surfaces, toys, and frequently touched objects are being sanitized on a routine basis as well as at the end of the day.
Class Sizes Are Limited
Don’t miss out in the fun! Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our groups have to be smaller than normal. So, act fast if you want your child to participate.
Can’t wait to see you this summer!
Enroll By Phone
5614 Richmond Rd. Texarkana, TX